Delicious • Gluten Free • Vegan
- 2 cups flour. We use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter or nut butter of your choice. We use sunflower seed butter.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blueberry jam or jelly of choice
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place racks in the top third.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined - still a bit dusty looking.
Let sit for five minutes, give one more quick stir, just a stroke or two.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
Drop the blueberry filling in the center with a 1/2 teaspoon.
Bake each sheet separately for 10, maybe 11 minutes - but don't over bake or they will be dry.
Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
These are really good fresh out the oven.